Martindale Part No: MARTEK500
The Martindale TEK500 is a PASS/FAIL microwave leakage detector for testing both commercial and domestic microwave ovens. The unit is designed to comply with harmonised European standards on permitted exposure levels and it will indicate leakage levels by a simple to use traffic light system which illuminates bright LEDs.
There is a self-test feature which simulates a real microwave input, in order to ensure the unit is working correctly at all times. The leakage tester will indicate at 1, 5 and 10mW/cm2, in accordance with BS EN5175.
The full test procedure for microwave ovens also includes checking that the microwave is heating correctly. The TEK500 includes a beaker and digital thermometer in order for these tests to be carried out and to ensure your full compliance with the testing requirements.
The microwave leakage detector kit is supplied with the leakage detector, beaker, digital thermometer, carry case & instruction manual. The manual also includes the calculations to apply when measuring the microwave output.
Detection Frequency Range
- Fixed cone on rear of unit should be in gentle contact for standard 50mm separation
- All four LEDs should light and an audible tone will be emitted
- PASS: Green "sys" LED only (<1mW per cm2
Green "sys" LED & yellow "1mW" LED (<5mW per cm2
- FAIL: Red "5mW" LED (>5mW per cm2, audible tone
Red "10mW" LED (>10mW per cm2, audible tone
- Supply: 9V alkaline battery, PP3 / MN1604 or equivalent
- Dimensions: 150 x 64 x 30mm
- Weight: 170g approx
- Supplied with digital thermometer, water beaker, carry case, battery & instruction manual